Note: Please do not invite any of our national authors for a school visit in the weeks or days before Teen Lit Con. We know this looks like a great opportunity for your school, but remember there are 200+ high schools & middle schools in the region. It is not possible for anyone to accommodate more than one ‘extra’ visit, which puts an author in a tough position. In addition our author contracts have an exclusivity clause that restricts their ability to hold other events that may conflict with ours. We want students to come to TLC and experience all the authors & activities; a school visit may conflict with that goal. DO NOT PUT THE AUTHORS IN AN AWKWARD POSITION BY ASKING THEM TO BREAK THAT CLAUSE!
Teen Lit Con offers a variety of bonuses for school staff, including transportation scholarships for metro-area schools, promotional materials, and ambassador opportunities! Sign up to get the latest info: http://bit.ly/tlclist
Be a Volunteer Ambassador at Teen Lit Con
Teachers, Media Specialists, & Librarians are needed to make TLC a success. With over 1000 teens attending the various panels, breakout sessions, & having fun in the Exhibit Hall, many volunteers are needed! Ambassadors will help out in the auditorium, hallways, at breakout sessions, & in the exhibit hall with activities & book signing. We limit volunteer ambassadors to adults; we want teens to experience the full Con experience.
Each ambassador will receive an awesome Teen Lit Con t-shirt & a Teen Lit Con sportsack! Plus access to the Ambassador Lounge with beverages & snacks.
- FULL! 9:00 – 12 pm
- 2:00 – 5:00
- All Day! 9:00-5:00 (includes lunch)
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Information to Help You Get Students to TLC
Secondary schools in the MELSA/Metronet region (Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin Ramsey, Scott, & Washington Counties) are eligible to apply for a transportation scholarship to bring students to Teen Lit Con on May 6 at Sibley HS.
- Applications must be received by 5pm on Friday, Feb 17.
- Applicants will be notified by 5pm on Friday, Feb 24 of their award status.
- Applicants must commit to bringing a minimum of 25 students. Work with other schools in your district or neighboring districts to fill the bus!
- Buses must have chaperones who stay at the event all day.
- Scholarships are for up to $350 to reimburse for transportation fees to bring students to the May 6 event. Districts can allocate the amount across buses or schools as needed, up to the $350.
- Only school buildings/districts can be reimbursed; no individuals.
- Eligibility is restricted to secondary schools in the following counties: Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, and Washington.
- A school may apply in 2017 even if it received an award in a previous year.
Reimbursement form must be submitted as soon as possible after the event! tlc17-reimbursement-form
Order Promotional Materials
Note that MELSA public libraries do not need to order materials. Posters & bookmarks will be sent via MELSA delivery.
Teachers & Media Specialists in the MELSA/Metronet region (Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin Ramsey, Scott, & Washington Counties) may order posters & bookmarks to promote Teen Lit Con in their schools. Feel free to request enough materials to share with your building or district, but please try to to request more than you need.
We can only honor orders received by Feb 28. We will mail as soon as possible after March 1.
We also have pdf versions of two posters (one with author pictures and one with book covers) that you can download and print, post, etc.
If you are outside the metro area, contact email@example.com. We will try to accommodate your request after our regional orders are filled
There’s a lot of excitement about 13 Reasons Why being released on Netflix on March 31st.
Community Reads Guide: http://www.penguin.com/static/images/yr/pdf/13ReasonsWhy_Brochure.pdf